Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 7 EOC: Plans

My classmates and I have been working diligently this quarter; keeping our eyes on the prize.  From our humble beginnings with little known knowledge of the subject (patents, copyrights, and trademarks), to studying our butts off for our midterm, and now we are seasoned veterans on the subject ready to go into the real world and stretch our brain muscle.  We now have to go on a search for someone who has vast knowledge of the subject of intellectual property, in short, we need to interview a lawyer.  How am I going to wrangle a lawyer to answer my questions of intellectual property within my field of photography?  I have a few ideas...

The first thing you should know about me is that I am a passionate person, have almost no shame, ambitious, and almost ignorantly confident (which gets me into trouble sometimes).  Be that as it may; my plans for finding a lawyer to annoy, I mean interview, with a series of ten questions about intellectual property within my career field are mildly simple.  First I am going to contact my immediate family, namely my older brother, who has needed lawyers to protect himself from his brushes with the law.  My brother is my first choice because although he is a large menacing figure, he is unusually charismatic and is a great judge of personality; keeping a tight circle of trust outside of our immediate family.  Once I exhaust my family's resources I believe I will have to move on to phase 2 in the search for a lawyer, I call it Operation Plan B.

Operation Plan B is just a fancy way of saying I am going to open up my laptop, attach to a Wi-Fi network and Google lawyers in my city of Las Vegas that specialize in intellectual property cases.  Then one-by-one I will go fishing and make phone calls working through the contact information of law practices I uncover, hoping that something bites.  If this also fails, I plan to make follow up calls to law firms who never picked up my phone calls and/or showing up unannounced (I have no shame) showing that I am persistent about my need of a lawyer to interview.

If this fails as well; desperation will set in and I will use social media as my Ali. I will flood the likes of Facebook, Twitter, and use the power of email to get my need out into the unsuspecting public.  Bottom line is that I have never been one to take no for an answer and some how, some way I will achieve my goal of setting up a simple 20 minute interview with a lawyer to answer my questions on intellectual property pertaining to my field of digital photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment